Thursday, October 16, 2008

Paris Part 2: Paris, Je T'aime


On Thursday, the 9th we left the city temporarily to go to Vaux le Vicomte which is a palace that was apparently a model for Versailles. It was ok. The views from the gardens were gorgeous, but that's really all it had to offer. Oh, and it's where Eva Longoria and Troy Parker got married too. We got back into the city, got some lunch and then made our way to Monmarte and finally down to the Moulin Rouge. After that, we were given some free time. I tried to take a nap again but when there are people to talk to, that doesn't usually work out for me. So I didn't sleep and then met up with everyone so that we could get on the boat for our cruise of the Seine. It was a lot of fun. Paris is utterly breathtaking at night. After the cruise, a few of us me up with my friend Paola's ex-roomie who lives in Paris. She took us to an amazing club that was 1. free, 2. had a live dj, and 3. was playing electro all night. Needless to say I was in heaven. I didn't want to leave but all good things must come to an end, especially when you have to be up and ready by 9:00 the next morning.

The next day we went to the Musee D'Orsay which was cool but I was really tired from the previous night and had already been there before so I got over it really quickly. After the museum it was time for those heading back to Bonn to depart. So we said goodbye to them and got some lunch. Before we left for our excursion, my friend Natalia and I decided that we wanted to check out EuroDisney in Paris so after lunch we made our way to our hotel. It was terrible. I'm going to leave it at that. The next day we made our trip to EuroDisney! It was a lot smaller and not as magical as the park in Anaheim of course but it was a lot of fun regardless. It was funny because it was Disney but everything was slightly European about the park. For instance, smoking is allowed throughout the park which is alarming, but I guess not so much at the same time. Also most of the rides are spoken in both French and in English. I think European kids are much more into thrills than American ones because the rides at EuroDisney were way more intense than the Disneyland ones...especially for me. After our day at Disney, Natalia and I met up with our friends Katie and Courtney at the Eiffel Tower. We sort of just walked around, ate at a really good restaurant and called it a night. Natalia and I were tired from our long day and had to take the train back to Bonn really early in the morning. Overall I'd say our excursion was quite successful albeit exhausting. To make it worse we had to start preparing for midterms. Sometimes I forget I'm here to go to school!!!




P.S. Don't forget you can visit http://picasaweb.google.com/tderodeff to view all of my pictures from Paris as well as my other travels!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP