Monday, October 27, 2008

21 in the 21st Century


The week after our excursion was a good time to rest from both our excursion as well as in preparation for midterms the following week. On Friday we went to a handball game in Cologne which was actually really entertaining. On Saturday, a few of us went back to Cologne and I didn't get home until 7:00 the next morning (if the music doesn't stop I won't either). Then, unfortunately, it was time for midterms. I had 3 during the week...2 of which were on my birthday. Not only did I have 2 midterms on my birthday but a full schedule as well. I spent the entire day from 8:45am to about 8:45pm doing some sort of class activity. (I mean, I got to go to a palace in the morning and was at the UN in the afternoon interning, but it was still class) I didn't think anyone would be up for going out after class to celebrate my 21st. Fortunately (and unsurprisingly knowing my friends) everyone was and I spent the entire night bar/club hopping with my friends. It was a lot of fun and it worked out because had I been at home in California, it would have been more difficult to go out because I'm older than most of my friends who are still 19 and 20. Over here it was really easy for all of us to go out together. About half of our program (something around 20 kids!) celebrated with me. I'm really fortunate to have found such a large group of friends I get along with really well and who also care about me enough to celebrate my special day with me even if it was during a week of midterms!

2 comments:

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Love the pics and the blog!!! So glad you are having a blast!!! Keep posting pics. This is my first time viewing. Seems like you now like BEER....BIG BEER that is. We miss you!
Lots of Love, Catherine

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

Tim -

Tuned into your travel blog finally. I am so proud of you: not only 21 years old, but you know good beer when you find it! Enjoy and let me treat you to a good beer here in the US. Miss you and see you at Christmas.

Love,
Your Godmother
Donna
PS - I found out after you left that I won the Best of Show at the CA state fair for my wine! I will also show you how to make beer - make a dunkel!

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP