Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween


WE really didn't know how Halloween would work out with the Germans. Germans have a lot of weird holidays but it didn't seem as though Halloween was one of them. We heard that people in Bonn didn't really dress up but we wouldn't have any of that so a few of us decided that the costumes must be brought out. I was a nerd...as a costume. It was fun but I waited to get to the Academy before I changed into my costume as a way to avoid funny looks in the subway and throughout the streets of Bonn.

We all signed up to go to a football (soccer) game with our university on Halloween so after all classes were over we hopped in the bus- a few
of us still costumed out, and made our way to the game. I found it very entertaining hearing my friends yell and really get into the game. It was exciting and our home team killed it's opponent 3-0.

After the game, it was still fairly early, and a Friday, so a number of us decided to go out dancing which is always fine with me...even if I was still in costume. In the club there were a few Germans dressed up but not anything like the s
tates. I began to miss the trick-or-treating and silly costumes and free candy, however this longing would be subdued a couple of weeks later at Karneval...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP