Thursday, November 20, 2008

11-12-08


It's such a nice day out today which makes me hate the people walking around and enjoying the sun outside while I'm stuck in here in Elementary German II learning about the different verb cases. It's not as though I can feign listening to the lesson. There are only 2 other people in the class so it's difficult to find someone to hide behind. I'd rather be walking around Bonn. Even though it's still November, it's starting to feel like Christmas (a Californian one at least). The air is quite nippy (colder than California actually) and many streets have already started to set up Christmas lights. The leaves have already changed colors, many of which have already fallen to the ground. My hair's getting long but I'm afraid that if I cut it, I might freeze to death. I have grown to love the familiarity of Bonn. I love traveling but I love staying here more. As I sit here taking notes about how to go from Nominativ to Akusativ cases I think about how dramatically different my life is from just a year ago. Different friends, different experiences, completely different location. It makes me think about how quickly life changes. Sometimes quickly out of nowhere, other times with a little more foresight. I once pushed a friend in the ocean to illustrate this concept. This experience however, has definitely pushed me into the figurative ocean of life. I'm thankful for this. It'll be difficult to go back. But that's life.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP